ATTENTION: We will only review your product on our blog if we can- Eat it - Sleep on it - or Play with it. Thank you.

Friday 7 January 2011

V-E-T-S!


I am greatly displeased! What has displeased me so greatly you ask? That simple four letter word that shall not be spoketh. The V-E-T-S!

You see, I am very much my own mancat and a very manly mancat at that. This is why I do not feel the need for such mushy over-sentimental stuff such as lap sitting and petting. I'm also a wild and rugged mancat, so weather permitting I am usually out and about.

However, since it is lashing down with rain today I decided to take a restful nap on the ironing board. That is when the most dreadful thing happened, The Mum suddenly noticed a bald patch on my side, just under my right front leg. It was looking a bit red and nasty, so she put two and two together and came up with five. Thinking I had been in a fight or a horrible accident she rushed me to the place that shall not be named.

Not before I put up a fight about going in the PTU. I managed to escape briefly only to find the cat flaps either locked or inaccessible. Of course I sang the sad song all the way to that dreadful place, but it was all in vain.

Once we got to the place that shall not be named I didn't want to come out of the PTU, but I was unceremoniously tipped out regardless. Mr Cook the V-E-T subjected me to the most humiliating examination of my life. He then told The Mum that it was not a wound but in fact an area that had been worried. In other words I had licked myself sore.

Mr Cook explained that in cat of my age random allergies are quite common and sometimes it can be difficult to pinpoint what exactly you are allergic to. Since the allergic reaction is fairly minor Mr Cook gave me two injections, (I was extremely mancatly and brave and didn't cry once) one of anti-biotics and one to stop the itches rather then subject me to more invasive and stressful allergy tests. He believes I have something called Hormonal Dermatitis which may have been brought on to by an allergic reaction to food I am possibly getting else where.

Being extremely handsome and mancatly I have several reserve homes where I can eat if I don't like what's on offer at home.

On the journey back home I was very quiet and couldn't wait to get out of the PTU. I was given ham as a bribe for forgiveness, of course I ate it but my forgiveness comes at a much higher price!




Charlie! Keep away from the PTU, it's not safe! Run away, save yourself!


Tut, simpleton!








Thomas O'Toole and Charlie O'Marley x


P.S. Whilst The Mum was out taking me to the V-E-T-S, the postman tried to deliver our new internet router. So now The Mum has to go to the big Sorting Office to pick it up!

23 comments:

  1. Kirby can feel your pain. He has been hauled off to the dreaded place twice this week and may have to go again tomorrow. Mac did exactly what Charlie did. Entered teh PTU to see what was going on!

    WE hope your itchies age getting better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, the dreaded v-e-t! We're sorry you had to go, but hope the injections help. Of course your mum can't control what you eat when you visit other homes, so who knows what you're getting? We'll cross our paws this does the trick!

    BTW, very cute background, but the black text on brown is very hard to see. At least it was for our mom. Maybe she could make the text a tan or cream or something? Just a suggestion, though it's possible it's only mom's eyes--she does need glasses! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that's what she gets for putting you through those indignities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that sounds like such a horrible experience! We are sorry you had to go the v-e-t. We sure hope your itchies go away soon (and that you get more HAM, too)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh NO! #1 says that, if such a thing is possible, going to sorting offices is even worse than going to the vet!!!

    Anyway, mancatly friend... we were most impressed by your manliness throughout your ordeal and hope you are all better soonest.

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thomas, let this be a lesson to you - eating at home is by far the safest and healthiest way to live. I hope you heal quickly. Bad luck about the Sorting Office - what a pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my you poor thing getting whisked of to the dreaded place like that. I am glad you are ok and you got ham.. Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We scream too when going to the horrible vets. We sure hope the medication works for you. You need to only eat at home for now. You might like some new food. One of our brothers has to eat special food and he loves it. Lots of purrs to you to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear! You poor guy. I hope your itchies stop and that your sore feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad it wasn't anything too serious. Ashton, my 8 year old, does the lick thing too. So far it's just fur no skin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see woo were so purry brave!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Hi Shen! SO, was he REALLY brave?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are ok. They always remember to lock the flaps first. May I suggest next time behing the refridgerator unless your mom is strong enough to move it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thomas, you are wise to take the bribe while withholding forgiveness. Maybe you will get another treat. Small compensation for your ordeal, I know, but sometimes we kitties need to take what we can get.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thomas, we are so sorry you hadta go to the v-e-t. Oops!! We said the name of that dreaded place!! We hope those shots that you took bravely help you feel better. Ernie has allergies...we don't exactly know to what...so he feels your pain...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eek, I hope the itchy spot gets better! Sorry you had to go to the vet, though - that is never fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww poor u! Sounds like u were very brave though. Good on ya xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. How terrible! You just got yourself nicely settled and then find yourself stuffed into the PTU. We hope your itchies go away now you have been stabbed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, no, v-e-t. I'm sorry you had a rough day. But I'm glad there is no serious problem. I hope your allergy will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh noes! Not the v-e-t!! We hope your sore spot gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You were sooooooooooooo brave!!!!!!!!!!

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMC! We hope yoo feel tons better soon. Purrs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Poor Thomas, it's always a huge ordeal going to the vet isn't it! I hope the meds that they gave you help you to feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain